PM_SZ_OS::32 Bit Protected Mode Operating System for 486+ Processors
IDE, ATAPI, soundblaster, FDC, VGA, NE2000, parallel port, serial port, RTC, keyboard, ALI1543 SMB
V86 mode [RealMode calls, booting DOS as guest OS & simple pm support], /dev filesystem, /proc filesystem, pipe support, RAM drive
ethernet, IP, ARP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, HTTP server, FTP server, Telnet server, Time server, QOTD server
· starting Java binaries in own JavaVM.
· loading Microsoft® Windows NT© device driver. ‘sparrow.sys’, ‘bootvid.dll’, ‘beep.sys’, ‘null.sys’ and ‘fsvga.sys’ tested.
· loading Microsoft® Windows© applications. ‘calc.exe’, ‘clock.exe’ and ‘taskmgr.exe’ tested.
· starting DOS in V86 mode. ‘msd.exe’ and ‘volkov commander’ tested.
· VFAT [FAT32/FAT16/FAT12]
· CD Filesystem [ISO9660/Rock Ridge Extension/Joliet Extension]
· preemtive multitasking
· controller enum devices, on which drivers will be mounted
· drivers are loaded based on PnP id’s
· every controller is running in a own thread
· controller, devices and drivers can be loaded/unloaded at runtime
· io subsystem with irp’s for queueing io requests, asynchronous I/O
· serial terminal like sgetty
· memory paging
· Deferred Procedure Call support
· PCI, APM, ACPI, PnP Bios, DMI Bios access
· Mutex support
· DMA support
· Filesystem cache
· virtual multiple screens with different resolutions and scrollback buffer
· Graphical User Interface ‘WinSZ’ based on messages
· Extract the zip file in the root of a partition.
· The directories bin, etc and lib will be created.
· Boot DOS without EMM386 and start PM_LOAD </ROOT_PARTITION> from a IDE partition with a supported filesystem.
· </ROOT_PARTITION> is the device which will be mounted as root. Example: /hda1 - IDE primary master HD, first primary partition · /hdd5 - IDE secondary slave HD, first extended partition